Reports directly to Materials Manager and under limited supervision, performs various purchasing assignments requiring professional judgement and ingenuity. Supports projects by quoting, selecting, negotiating and procuring from the best approved suppliers. Buyer's primary responsibilities will include the procurement of mechanical or machined components. Liaison between BEI Precision Quality and supplier to address shipment errors and non-conforming material. Negotiates prompt corrective action to address non-conforming materials. Negotiates recovery of costs incurred. Interact with various departments within BEI Precision such as Accounting, Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales.
• High School Diploma
• Minimum of 2 years' experience of direct buying in a manufacturing environment
• Must have MRP/ERP experience
• Must be able to read and interpret drawings and understand Bills of Materials such as where used, indented, consolidated
• Relevant college degree or relevant certification preferred (e.g. APICS, ISM)
• Buying experience with Government contract flow down clause, MIL standards and stringent
• Quality clauses is a plus