This position reports to the V.P. Finance/CFO and is responsible for the financial group including General Accounting, Cost Accounting, Contracts, and Payroll. Provides direct support to senior management and other functional areas in the form of periodic reporting and tracking of the financial metrics. Functions as the primary point of contact for the annual outside financial audit, the periodic DCAA and other government audits of financial data, and the support of customer financial audits. Oversees month end closing, payroll, cost analysis, contract related functions, and cash collections. Establishes bid rates applied to all future work and assists Program Managers with pricing and supporting bids for future work.
• Tracks and monitors all billings and collections and prepares forecasts as needed.
• Works with CFO and analyst to establish annual budget and track actual and forecast.
• Implements appropriate metrics to monitor financial progress and ensure results. Supports business activities including customer, product and/or segment analysis. Identifies business issues and makes recommendations on opportunities for improvement.
• Assists in establishing major Accounting objectives or policies for the assigned function(s). Ensures proper internal controls are in place.
• Oversee the activities of accounts payable, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable.
• Establishes Direct Labor, Overhead, G&A, and other rates utilized in bidding future work. Pricing for bids and proposals.
• Provides data and reports as needed to outside Tax Preparers to ensure compliance and proper reporting of Federal and State taxes.
• Prepares and files the annual Incurred Cost Estimate with DCAA
• POC for all financial audit activities
• Coordinate internal financial audits including time keeping and other accounting disciplines.
• Support the CFO as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate strategic business decisions.
• Primary Point of Contact for banking activities.
• Corporate Office for BEI Precision.
• Member of BEI Precision Pension Committee.
• Support of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
Reasonable knowledge of budgetary management and accounting principles and procedures. Reasonable ability to utilize word processing, spreadsheet, database, email and Internet software. Knowledge of program analysis and evaluation. Ability to utilize computer software to provide fiscal analysis. Ability to make routine decisions in accordance with policies and procedures. Ability to plan and complete assignments within deadlines. Ability to recognize and correct departures from budgetary practices and procedures. Ability to initiate improvements in budgetary operations. Ability to follow complex oral and written instructions. Ability to prepare and present complex, written and oral reports. Ability to perform standardized and statistical computations.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting. (MUST)
• 10+ years of Accounting Managerial experience (MUST) in Aerospace/DoD environment (preferred).
• MBA (preferred).
• CPA (preferred).