The basis for business development is about creating long-term value, positive image, and strong relationships with customers, users, and stakeholders The Business Development Manager (BDM) maintains and expands relationships with strategically important customers within the Space, Aerospace and Military industries. The BDM will have a strong business and technical acumen that will be required to bring credibility to the position. Assigned to customers or platforms the manager will be responsible for revenue and EBITDA targets, and protecting and expanding markets and products. The BDM will coordinate pursuits and captures of engagements with those customers.
This great opportunity for an ambitious professional to gain visibility within the organization. The ideal candidate will be able to:
• Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned customers or platforms.
• Develop and manage relationships with targeted platforms and their business leaders.
• Identify new customers, markets, and platforms beneficial to the strategic plan.
• Maintain existing customers engaged through partnership with the program teams.
• Communicate status and actions for leads, prospects and customers.
• Maintain a sales forecasting capability to make possible efficient scheduling, provide customer service, controlling costs, provide information for business planning, resource planning and budgeting.
• Keep well informed on industry changes, participates in organizations directly involved with our prime markets, and continually work to improve sales techniques and sales knowledge.
• Analyze and provide objective, in-depth understanding of customers, competitors and product performance to improve sales performance as well as act as liaison with various internal departments to solve issues as they arise with both customers and program managers.
• Bachelor's degree (Preferred) in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) from an accredited institution
• 5 years' experience leading customer-facing engagements in applicable market areas
• Experience with complex Space, Aerospace, or Military systems and markets
• Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment
• Excellent communication, presentation, writing, and analytical skills
• A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution and people management skills
• This position will require travel
• Must be a US citizen and be able to obtain a Security Clearance.